Feyenoord were unable to break down Jupiler League FC Dordrecht in their first game on return from Austria Saturday. The Rotterdammers did take the lead in the first half when Fernando Derveld put through his own goal, but Feyenoord player Jerson Anes Ribeiro – on loan to the hosts – equalised after the break. Luigi Bruins left the game in the first half with a thigh problem.

Feyenoord started a little jerkily in Dordrecht. There was a lack of fluency that scuppered any attacks before they could really get going as simple balls went AWOL all too often. Indeed, it was no surprise that when the opener did come for Feyenoord it was an own goal.

Fernando Derveld had already caused his own goalie blushes in the opening stages of the game, but seven minutes before the break he was red in the face himself. Serginho Greene tried to find a deep Michael Mols with a free kick, but Derveld intercepted with his head, putting the ball out of reach of keeper Govert Boyen and into the net.

The goal did not come against the run of play exactly, as Feyenoord should have been ahead by that time. A good 10 minutes in, Jon Dahl Tomasson managed to round the Dordrecht keeper, but his shot was cleared off the line by a defender. It was an obvious case of handball, but referee Makkelie was having nothing of it, waving play on.

At the other end, there were also a few opportunities for Dordrecht of note. Rihairo Meulens went close not once but twice right on half time. The first was a one-on-one with keeper Timmer that was swept up by Giovanni van Bronckhorst – left back for the missing Tim de Cler – just in time. Three minutes later Meulens saw his shot squeeze just past the post.

By that time Feyenoord were without Luigi Bruins. The midfielder was taken off with a thigh problem midway through the half when the game stopped briefly for refreshments. His replacement was Michael Janota.

Half time was approaching when Nicky Hofs got a great chance to double Feyenoord’s lead. The midfielder played a nice wall pass against Georginio Wijnaldum, but his final shot lacked precision, sailing over.

Another Feyenoorder did get the ball past the keeper on 69 minutes. It was however one playing in an FC Dordrecht shirt. The game was an hour old when Jerson Anes Ribeiro shook the post with a rasping drive from distance, but the loan player had fortune more around 10 minutes later. Ribeiro managed to beat keeper Ekramy with his second attempt from a similar position to level the game.

Feyenoord pushed forward in the final phase of the game in hopes of snatching a winner, but were unable to craft any clear-cut chances.

FC Dordrecht – Feyenoord 1-1
38’ 0-1 Derveld (og)
69’ 1-1 Anes Ribeiro

Referee: Makkelie

Timmer (46’ Ekramy); Buijs, Greene (69’ Vlaar), Bahia, Van Bronckhorst; Wijnaldum, Bruins (23’ Janota), Landzaat, Hofs (89’ Nieveld); Mols (62’ El Ahmadi) and Tomasson (46’ Manteiga)

Feyenoord Business CLub