Three second half goals courtesy of Edward Lulring, Chong-Gug Song and Ebi Smolarek earned Feyenoord all the Eredivisie points in Tilburg Sunday. Bert van Marwijk will be pleased with the win, as he was forced to start with two debutants: Mtiliga playing left back and Ghali in midfield. The only bad news of the afternoon was a first-half yellow card for Patrick Paauwe, which rules him out of next week’s game at home to Heerenveen.

The match was a chaotic affair early on. That meant there were no real chances in the first thirty minutes on either side. Indeed, Feyenoord’s only heartbeat-raising moment in the first half saw Kuyt fail to beat keeper De Vlieger with a shot. A second shot by Smolarek on forty minutes didn’t earn anything more than a corner. Van Marwijk left the anonymous Van Persie in the dressing room at the start of the second half, with Lurling joining the action. The game didn’t improve too much however, although there were a few more moments of promise. Not least due to the efforts of the substitute. Feyenoord finally took the lead on the hour. Lurling was sent through by Schreuder and the new man stayed cool in the face off with keeper De Vlieger, chipping the ball over the keeper who dived too early to prevent Lurling’s hundredth professional goal. The lead was doubled just over ten minutes later. Song intercepted the ball and struck a twenty-metre drive that found the net. Lurling had a hand in the third as Feyenoord revved up the engine, sliding the ball through to Buffel. The Belgian found Smolarek in turn, who converted. Willem II-Feyenoord 0-3 (0-0) 60’ 0-1 Lurling 71’ 0-2 Song 84’ 0-3 Smolarek Willem II: De Vlieger; Wau (72’ Mariana), Nieuwstad, Mathijsen, Van Mosselveld; Mathijssen, Jaliens, Caluwé; Denneboom (82’ De Kruik), Shoukov (64’ Sektioui), Hadouir. Feyenoord: Lodewijks; Song, Van den Berg, Paauwe, Mtiliga; Smolarek, Ghali, Schreuder, Van Persie (46’ Lurling); Buffel, Kuyt. Referee: Vink Yellows Paauwe, Ghali, Shoukov, Caluwé
Feyenoord Business CLub