Feyenoord posted their thirteenth victory on the spin, finishing off champions elect PSV at the Kuip Sunday afternoon. It was Pierre van Hooijdonk who got all the home side’s goals, netting a hatrick that included two penalties. The win keeps the pressure on Ajax at the top, who trounced basement club De Graafschap, and means that the Eindhoven outfit have to wait at least another week to celebrate the title.

The game got off to a high-velocity start, as the two sides immediately made their intentions known, especially Feyenoord as PSV were pushed back into their own half, setting the pattern for the whole afternoon. The first real chance came after ten minutes, when Pierre van Hooijdonk banged in a freekick that came back off the aluminium and out. Feyenoord were controlling the midfield and PSV srikers Kezman and Bruggink weren’t getting a sniff. Mark van Bommel was obviously getting frustrated in the centre of the park, and the PSV captain took it out on Shinji Ono who was kicked to the round in front of referee Jol’s nose. Ono was forced from the field and soon after out of the match, as Jorge Acuna replaced him. Feyenoord’s continued to attack however. Kalou had the beating of Lee every time and Emerton’s surging overlaps where stretching the PSV defence. So it was not so surprising that Feyenoord opened the scoring with a Kalou/Emerton combination.. The Australian found the African, who turned Ooijer inside out, before being hauled to ground for a penalty. Van Hooijdonk stroked the penalty home. Lodewijks was called on to beat out Bommel’s volley, before Kalou crossed inch perfect along the deck for Van Hooijdonk to slot home his second of the afternoon just ahead of the break to send the home side in two up. Bonaventure Kalou took the game by the scruff of the neck early in the second half, running rings round the Korean Lee and creating problems at the back for PSV, but incredibly it was the visitors who scored the next goal. A seemingly unthreatening cross was turned in by Serbian goalgetter Kezman, to bring it back to 2-1. The leaked goal put Feyenoord under pressure and the game degenerated into a catfight for ten minutes or so. It was thanks to the PSV defence that Feyenoord regained the two-goal cushion on 64. Lurling waltzed into the penalty box and when he was pulled to the ground, the referee had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. Van Hooijdonk stepped forward to net.. That basically finished off PSV. As the clock ran down, Chong Gug Song was brought on for Lurling, whose yellow card means he misses the next game along with Denns de Noojer. Feyenoord-PSV 3-1 (2-0) 33’ 1-0 Van Hooijdonk (pen.) 45’ 2-0 Van Hooijdonk 52’ 2-1 Kezman 64’ 3-1 Van Hooijdonk Feyenoord: Lodewijks; Emerton, Van Wonderen, De Nooijer, Paauwe; Kalou, Bosvelt, Ono (Acuna), Lurling (79’ Song); Buffel, Van Hooijdonk. PSV: Lenaerts; Bogelund, Ooijer, Vogel, Lee; Rommedahl (75’ Vennegoor of Hesselink), Van Bommel, Van der Schaaf (66’ Park), Robben; Bruggink, Kezman Referee: D. Jol Yellow cards: De Nooijer, Lurling, Bruggink, Lee, Paauwe, Van der Schaaf
Feyenoord Business CLub