Feyenoord made it three wins in a three matches with a win against FC Emmen on Sunday, leaving head coach Giovanni van Bron...
Faris Hammouti signed his first professional contract in the Boardroom at De Kuip on Wednesday afternoon. The 19-year-old defender, who represented Feyenoord at Under 19 level least season, penned a two-year deal that includes an option on a 12-month extension.
Hammouti has come through almost the whole Feyenoord Academy since switching from IJFC in IJsselstein as an E pupil. He began at Varkenoord on the right wing, later moving into midfield, but in recent years he has played in defence, either centrally or on the right.
Hammouti, who was accompanied by his advisor Peter de Vries, also invited various members of his family and his first ever coach at IJFC to attend the contract signing ceremony. ‘He made sure that I ended up at Feyenoord back then and has always continued to support me ever since,’ said Hammouti.
The new contract is a second milestone for Hammouti this year, after he made his Morocco Under 20 debut in the 2017 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations qualification tie against Gambia last month. ‘It was a really special feeling for me to wear the Morocco short for the first time,’ said Hammouti. ‘And signing my first professional contract with Feyenoord is another dream come true. I hope to eventually make the step up to the first team.’
Feyenoord and Hammouti will decide together what the defender should do next. ‘We have established a plan with Faris and his advisors to enable him to play at the highest possible level, as we also done with Bert Koomen and Mo El Hankouri, for instance,’ said technical director Martin van Geel. ‘So this contract is not only a reward for Faris, but hopefully also a spur to continue to work hard and continue to make strides.’