Stichting Continuïteit Feyenoord STICO is one of the highest bodies within the club. Among other things, it manages the so-called ‘golden share’, which means it exercises special control, and it protects the cultural heritage of the club.
On that basis, the club cannot take decisions on the following matters without the agreement of Stichting Continuïteit Feyenoord STICO:
- A change to the name of the club;
- A change to the core business of the club;
- A change to the club logo or colours;
- An essential change to the structure of the youth academy;
- Any decisions that directly impact the membership of the KNVB and/or (the holding of) the licence;
- A change to the venue where the first team plays its home matches.
Stichting Continuïteit Feyenoord STICO also has legal rights as majority shareholder, such as the right to appoint directors and supervisory board members of the football club and adopt the financial statements.
Who are the current members of STICO?
The current members of Stichting Continuïteit are Ivo Opstelten (chair), Pim Blokland, Michiel Gilsing, Hans Vervat and Dick van Well.
Blokland and Vervat represent the VvF, Gilsing represents Het Legioen and Opstelten and Van Well represent Feyenoord.